COVID-19: Help for San Pedro Residents

Housing, Food, Childcare and Education

Harbor Interfaith Services provides transitional housing, food, job placement, childcare and education services.

  • Call 310-831-0603 for housing assistance;  Call 424-276-3602 for food pantry

The Toberman Neighborhood Center provides meals and food delivery, housing and utilities support, tutoring and career transition services, and help applying for state benefits, such as the California Economic Development Department (EDD), CalFresh and Medi-Cal.

  • Call 310-832-1145

The Port of Los Angeles Boys & Girls Club is a Grab & Go Distribution Site, providing lunch, snacks and free school supplies on certain days of the week to children.

  • Call 310-833-1322

The San Pedro & Peninsula YMCA is serving breakfast and lunch for those in need.

  • Call 310-832-4211

Health Care

Harbor Community Health Centers provide pediatric and adult primary care, prenatal care, behavioral health, and assistance enrolling in health care plans for low income residents and those who do not have health insurance.

  • Call 310-547-0202

Assistance for Victims of Domestic Violence

Rainbow Services provides emergency and crisis assistance to victims of domestic violence.

  • Call 310-547-9343 (24-hour bilingual hotline)

Los Angeles County operates a Domestic Violence Hotline.

  • Call 1-800-978-3600

Mental Health

Los Angeles Unified School District has a Mental Health Hotline available to students, families and educators.

  • Call 213-241-3840

Los Angeles County is providing help to residents through the Mental Health ACCESS Center.

  • Call 800-854-7771 or text “LA” to 741-741

Legal Assistance

The Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles offers legal counsel, advice and direct representation for low income residents.

  • Call 800-399-4529

COVID-19 Testing

The City of Los Angeles and Los Angeles County are providing free COVID-19 testing to residents. To schedule an appointment and find the closest centers near you, visit their website.

If you require additional assistance, please call my District Office at 562-429-0470.