This committee is currently inactive. A CeSPNC board member attends the CD15 Working Group on Homelessness Meetings. View reports here:
- November 7, 2023 CD15 Homelessness Working Group Meeting: REPORT
HOMELESSNESS COMMITTEE ARCHIVE BELOW:
The Committee on Homelessness is tasked with reviewing local issues and concerns in relation to the City’s Comprehensive Homeless Strategy, which establishes up front that the City cannot achieve a reduction in homelessness unilaterally. Central to an effective system to reduce homelessness is on-going coordination with the County of Los Angeles, existing non-profit providers, and Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA).
Link to Homelessness Liaison Reports
- For information on the Bridge Home at 407 N. Beacon Street or the County Shelter at 122 W 8th Street, please call Harbor Interfaith Services at 310-831-0603.
- For information on the Navigation Center at 2165 John S. Gibson Blvd, please call the Volunteers of America at 213-334-1633. (If you have experienced difficulty getting in touch with the Center through this number, please try again. We have been told that the phone issues have been resolved.) The Center is open 8am-4pm weekday and until 12 noon on Saturdays).
- There are Case Workers available to assist those experiencing homelessness at both Harbor Interfaith and the Navigation Center facilities.
- 2020 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count: San Pedro Presentation 8-18-20
COMMITTEE MEETING AGENDAS & DOCUMENTS:
HOMELESSNESS RELATED NEWS: