Members: Emma Rault, Matthew Quiocho, Joe Zhou
The Committee on Homelessness is tasked with reviewing local issues and concerns in relation to the City’s Comprehensive Homeless Strategy, which establishes up front that the City cannot achieve a reduction in homelessness unilaterally. Central to an effective system to reduce homelessness is on-going coordination with the County of Los Angeles, existing non-profit providers, and Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA).
- For information on the Bridge Home at 407 N. Beacon Street or the County Shelter at 122 W 8th Street, please call Harbor Interfaith Services at 310-831-0603.
- For information on the Navigation Center at 2165 John S. Gibson Blvd, please call the Volunteers of America at 213-334-1633.
- There are Case Workers available to assist those experiencing homelessness at both Harbor Interfaith and the Navigation Center facilities.
- 2020 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count: San Pedro Presentation 8-18-20
COMMITTEE MEETING AGENDAS & DOCUMENTS:
- April 2023: CD15 Homelessness Working Group Meeting: MINUTES
- 07-14-22: Homelessness Committee Meeting: AGENDA | Zoom Recording
- 1-10-22: Homelessness Committee Meeting: AGENDA
- 9-08-21: Homelessness Committee Meeting: AGENDA | Zoom Recording
- CD15-Working Group Notes-April-2021
- 11-2-20: Homelessness Committee Meeting: AGENDA
- 9-29-20: Homelessness Committee Meeting: AGENDA
- 9-2-20: Subcommittee CAB Meeting: AGENDA | Zoom Recording
- 8-4-20: Special Subcommittee CAB Meeting: AGENDA
- 7-20-20: Special Subcommittee CAB Meeting: AGENDA
- 7-8-20: AGENDA
- Support Documents for 7-8-20
- 6/3/20: Agenda
- 6/2/20: CD15-Working-Group-on-Homelessness
- April & May: No meetings held due to pandemic
- 3/3/20: Meeting Cancelled
- 2/24/20: Agenda
- 2/4/20: CD15 Working Group Notes
- 1/31/20: Agenda | Meeting Notes
- 1/20/20: CD15 Working Group Notes
- 1/8/20: Agenda | Resolutions
- LAUSD Student Support Programs
- LAUSD Community Resources for Families
- Vehicle Dwelling – Allowed Areas Map
- Link to LA-HOP (Los Angeles County Homeless Outreach Portal)
- View the Results of the 2019 Homeless Count.
HOMELESSNESS RELATED NEWS:
Homelessness Committee Updates
Read the February update from the Central San Pedro NC's Homelessness Committee that includes updated information from the County and City. The next CeSPNC committee meeting is scheduled for March 2, 2021 at 7pm.
Supportive Housing Solution for Wilmington
This project will bring 53 units of much-needed housing to the Wilmington Community, reclaiming a long-vacant property and transforming it into aesthetically pleasing housing units without changing the existing building footprint.
Beacon Landing: Streamlined, Modular Permanent Supportive Housing in San Pedro
Beacon Landing will replace a dated, concrete industrial building with a contemporary and streamlined design featuring 89 ew units of housing for people experiencing homelessness or chronic homelessness.
Navigation Center at LAPD Harbor Division Opens
The San Pedro Navigation Center helps those experiencing homelessness securely store their belongings and receive case management services. Case managers are on-site to help navigate clients through referrals and connect them to resources.
A Bridge Home in San Pedro grand opening July 6th with Mayor Garcetti & City Council Member Buscaino.
Watch the grand opening video with Mayor Garcetti and Councilman Buscaino and also see Amber Ginsberg's tour of the new A Bridge Home facility in San Pedro.
As efforts collapse to place homeless in hotels, L.A. officials propose new, $800-million plan
Even as the COVID-19 pandemic is slashing tax revenue across the board, officials Tuesday unveiled an $800-million plan to house Los Angeles County’s homeless people who are most vulnerable to the disease.
- BOARD OF SUPERVISORS APPROVES FUNDING TO HELP INCREASE THE COUNTY’S AFFORDABLE HOUSING STOCK (Posted 1-20-20)
- San Pedro Shelter Update from Janice Hahn (Posted 1-15-20)
- Plan for 3-Year Emergency Shelter in San Pedro Approved by Board of Supervisors (Posted 1-13-20)
- COUNTY DEVELOPS ACTION PLAN FOR HOMELESSNESS PREVENTION (Posted 12-16-19)
- CONFRONTING THE CRISIS (Mayor Garcetti’s Update 12-4-19)
- Link to LAHSA 2019 Housing Inventory Count released 9-19-19
- Councilmember Mike Bonin of CD11 – Homelessness Newsletter
- Frequently Asked Questions About What is a Bridge Home?
- Link to Council File 17-1432 Proposed Ordinance Re: Use of Existing Hotels and Motels for Supportive Housing and/or Transitional Housing. Proposed Ordinance
- Link to Council File 17-1422 Proposed Ordinance amending the Los Angeles Municipal Code establishing regulations to facilitate the production of Permanent Supportive Housing. View proposed Ordinance
- 11/5/16 – LA Animal Services, Downtown Dog Rescue, Inner City Law Center and Spay4LA bring services for pets to Skid Row. Read article here.
- HOMELESS COUNT REPORT FROM LAHSA
- City Council’s Comprehensive Homeless Strategy Plan
- County’s Homeless Initiative Plan
- The “No Place Like Home” Initiative – California State Comprehensive Budget Plan to Address Homelessness in our Local Communities. Read Here.