CeSPNC has started an Adopt-A-Block program to help keep our community clean and to empower neighbors to take ownership of their neighborhoods.
This is a pilot program that encourages involvement in San Pedro by providing a simple and fun way for volunteers to make a significant impact in the community. Residents make a commitment to adopt a block within the central San Pedro area for one year through monthly clean-ups. In return, volunteers are recognized with a beautiful Adopt-A-Block sign bearing the group’s name that will be posted on the designated block for one year.
We have selected 10 applicants for our pilot program. Below are their names and the blocks:
- Alicia Rodriguez – 16th Street between Gaffey and Grand
- Ms. Neighborhood Watch – Gaffey Ave. between 6th and 7th
- Omelette and Waffle – Gaffey Ave. between 9th and 10th
- Omelette and Waffle – Gaffey Ave. between 11th and 12th
- Walter Mladina – 13th Street between Gaffey and Cabrillo
- Rock the House – 200 block 7th Street
- Chase Lanting – Grand Ave between 6th and 7th
- San Pedro High School Take Action Club – 12th Street between Gaffey and Cabrillo
- SP CPR Cleanup Crew – Ofarrell between Grand and Pacific
- SP CPR Cleanup Crew – Grand Ave. between 8th and 9th
The Adopt a Block Program deadline has passed and we are not accepting applications at this time. If more funding is approved for this project, we will post the new deadline here.