YOU MUST REGISTER BY 5PM
ON TUESDAY, MARCH 26, 2019
What is at Stake
- 17 At Large Board Positions
Who Can Run and Vote
- Min Age to Run for Board Seat 18
- Min Age to vote 14
- Regardless of citizenship status, as long as you live (rent/own), work, own a business, attend school, worship, volunteer, or participate in an organization that meets in and/or serves in the Central San Pedro area, you can RUN and VOTE.
Register to Run for a Seat
- General election information is available on the City Clerk’s website, https://clerk.lacity.org/los-angeles-city-clerk-election-division ,under the 2019 Neighborhood Council Elections tab.
- If you meet the criteria of who can run. Register here (starting Saturday, February 23) https://clerkappsele.lacity.org/nccr/#/login
Commitment to the Board
- Attend all general board meetings once a month, held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month.
- Participate in a committee of your choice. Learn about our active committees https://centralsanpedronc.org/committees/
- Engage with the community in outreach activities to promote the visibility of the board.
Some Reasons to Run
- To be a community advocate
- To work with other community members to make a difference
- To give a voice to neighborhood issues (ie. San Pedro Market Development, Crime Abatement, Homelessness)
UPCOMING EVENTS & TIMELINE
- Meet & Greet – Meet current & past board members to learn more about the board. Saturday, March 9, 2019, 1:00 pm, TBA
- Candidate Workshops –
- Saturday February 23, 2019 San Pedro Municipal Building Room #452 12:00pm
- Saturday, March 2, 2019, Harbor City/Harbor Gateway Public Library 10am, – Sponsored by Empower LA
- Saturday, March 16, 2019, 10:00 am, San Pedro Regional Library
- Orientation on “How to Run”, Saturday, March 30th, from 11am to 1pm, location TBD. Learn how to run a successful campaign, best practices, and mobilizing your community to turn out the vote.
- Meet the Candidates Forum, TBA. Opportunity to introduce yourself to the community during this session. Forum will be moderated.
- Elections – Saturday, June 8, 2019 at the Anderson Senior Center.